Impact Safety Solutions Ltd. is proud to announce our Remote Confined Space Monitoring Services for Industry. Impact Safety Solutions has the largest fleet of Remote Confined Space equipment in Canada structured at our facilities within the Heartland and Wood Buffalo regions enabling us to facilitate projects ranging from 12 manways to our largest project to date of 121 manways.
Remote Confined Space Monitoring Services allow our clients the ability to reduce manpower costs while simultaneously increase the safety factor when facilitating confined space operations. Key unique features of Impact Safety’s RCSM Technology include:
Only vendor with a deployable fleet of Hazardous Location Rated Equipment*;
• Remote Shut Down of Field Equipment;
• Minimum one hour of battery back up power for all system components;
• Autolock of manways once confined space occupancy limit is reached;
• Cameras with Pan, Tilt, Zoom capabilities;
• Audible alarms with adjustable decible choices;
• Built, faciliated, and managed by a Canadian based work force;
• Strong emphasis ensuring projects are faciliated with local employees.
The use of technology has allowed us to automate and elevate the following tasks of a traditional confined space attendant:
• Maintaining accurate head count
• Documenting continuous gas test results
• Enhanced two way communication with entrants.
• Improved evacuation alarm systems
All personnel from entrant to monitoring Technician complete documented training, ensuring safety integrity. All Technicians are subject to ongoing competency verifications.
Safety is the guiding principle for the implementation of our RCSM technology and the most valued benefit we offered by the system. Utilizing this techonolgy we enhance safety by:
• Reducing risk exposure hours on site;
• Continuous monitoring of gas detection within confined spaces;
• Increasing the visibility of contractor status within confined space;
• Improving two-way communicate with contractors within the confined space to an exterior safety contact;
• Improving the accuracy of in and out logs;
• Provides a means to establish accurate timelines for incident investigations.
Improved work flow for contractors with reduced wait times for vessel access and egress. Expedited dispatch of emergency response.
The RCSM technology enhances confined space worker safety by utilizing the following features:
- Access Control
- Internal Communication Components
- Video Surveillance
- Gas Detection
These features are linked to the Central Dispatch Center (CDC), The CDC facilitates the monitoring of each confined space location on site. Technicians will be assigned to a station and monitor all activities at the locations which they are responsible for.
Our remote confined space monitoring systems are available to our clients in two classifications:
System components conform to STD UL 508A-US, CSA 22.2-014-C, for use in non hazardous locations such as power plants, full unit shutdowns, etc.
Hazardous Location Rated (HL)
Rated equipment for use in hazardous locations conforming to STD UL 508A-US, CSA 22.2-014-C, CSA 22.2-213C, and ATEX requirements for Zone 0 locations.