RCSM Services allow our clients the ability to increase the safety factor when facilitating confined space entries, while reducing the risk exposure hours, the manpower costs, and simultaneously enhancing the efficiency for operations. Key unique features of Impact Safety’s RCSM Technology include:
- A deployable fleet of Hazardous Location and General Purpose Rated Equipment*;
- Remote Shut Down of Field Equipment;
- Minimum one hour of battery back up power for all system components;
- Autolock of manways once confined space occupancy limit is reached;
- Cameras with Pan, Tilt, Zoom capabilities;
- Audible alarms with adjustable decibel choices;
- Built, facilitated, and managed by a Canadian based workforce;
- Strong emphasis on ensuring projects are facilitated with local employees.
Technical Components of RCSM Package
The RCSM technology enhances confined space worker safety by utilizing the following features:
– Access Control
– Internal and External Communication Components
– Video Surveillance
– Gas Detection
These features are linked to the Central Dispatch Center (CDC), The CDC facilitates the monitoring of each confined space location on site. Technicians will be assigned to a station and monitor all activities at the locations which they are responsible for.
Impact RCSM Equipment Classifications
Our remote confined space monitoring systems are available to our clients in two classifications:
System components conform to STD UL 508A-US, CSA 22.2-014-C, for use in non hazardous locations such as power plants, full unit shutdowns, etc.
Hazardous Location Rated (HL)
Rated equipment for use in hazardous locations conforming to STD UL 508A-US, CSA 22.2-014-C, CSA 22.2-213C, and ATEX requirements for Zone 0 locations.